Here at Pykles Remodeling we try to help our Clients and their families plan ahead before undertaking any major remodels or projects. This does a couple of things. First, it reduces any stress and potential anxiety our clients may unexpectedly experience during the remodeling process through prior education, and secondly it allows our team to be most effective and efficient in solving potential problems in the general construction process. In short, we take good care of our clients and their expectations by being organized and methodical in our communication and construction so everyone benefits.
Here is a list of 7 things Gary Gooding, a remodeling expert here at Pykles, says to keep in mind for Your Next Renovation.
- Make a list of what you want to change. Look at websites and magazines to get inspiration for the redesign. Write down what you like and why you like it, and look online and at Pykles Remodeling to get a price estimate. Once you know what you want to change, prioritize your list by ranking each item in order of what needs to get done first. Refer to your list throughout the project to help you stay on track.
- Consider your resources: time, budget and energy. When deciding between an update and an overhaul, take into consideration the amount of time, money and energy that you’ll have to dedicate to the project.
- Set a budget. Once you figure out how much you can spend, subtract 20% to 30% from this number and set it aside for contingencies.
- Sketch it out. A rough sketch of the layout of the space will help you narrow down the fixtures, cabinets and storage options you’d like to incorporate.
- Measure everything more than once. It may sound like over doing it, but taking the time to measure things twice will help you to ensure that you don’t need to make costly returns or corrections.
- Replace the underlayment.
- Reduce the impact of the renovation. Move your stuff over to the bathroom that’s not being remodeled before the work begins. This way you won’t have to hunt for your favorite body wash or disposable razors.
Whether you’re wanting to upgrade features and fixtures in your kitchen or bathroom or you’re wanting to completely change the look and feel of a space in your home Pykles Remodeling has the tools, expertise and experience necessary to get the job done right. Get started today by calling Pykles for your FREE remodeling estimate. We do everything from designs, plumbing, drywall, flooring, tile, electrical, HVAC and remodeling and can help you create the home that is right for you and your family.
Pykles Remodeling – 8348 Center Dr. Ste. A – La Mesa, CA -91942 – (619) 463-1600 P – (619) 668-4683 F – pyklesremodeling.com